Friday, October 10, 2008

Musings from W. Bountiful

One of my good friends is getting ready to move in a month to Oklahoma City. She has become quite a close friend to me and I am really going to miss her when she is gone. I really doubt that I will ever see her and her family again in this lifetime. Yes, we will keep in contact, but I don't think that our paths will cross again. I am sad to see her go. This got me to thinking though, of all the people that I have met and grown close to in my lifetime. As our lives have changed and as we move on, we grow apart, but that is okay. I am so very thankful for the many wonderful friends who I have met along the way. I am ever grateful that I was able to get to know you even if it was for a short time or a longer time. My life is richer and so much better for the wonderful associations that I have had with such great people. I really count myself blessed. Thank you all.

Last night, I had just fallen asleep when I was jolted awake by Nathan. He had woke up at about midnight and needed some comforting. However, he found that my bedroom door was closed. So he teared up and let out the most heart wrenching cry (at least for a mom) and said, "Daddy, mama's door was dark and I need her."
I felt really bad and of course, Nathan was able to come to bed with me for a while and snuggle. I was touched. (Now this could very easily have been pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep, I realize). But I always want my kids to find my door open and not dark to their needs. I do want to be there for them.

Life is very busy as usual. We are very busy trying to winterize our yard, gardens, and house. I have managed to pull out most of the garden, get it fertilized and ready for the compost material. The flowers have frozen so I have taken them out as well. I do hope that we have a few more days of nonsnow left. I still have much to do outside. However, I feel comforted that much of it is done. I also degrimed the grout in my kitchen and will work on the cupboards next week. I am feel I need to get much of the heavy work done soon before the big beached whale syndrome kicks in. I am already beginning to feel the effects of this pregnancy on my back. I am very worried about the authritis. This will definitely be the last pregnancy for my health's sake. This boy needed to be here, I'm convinced.

Tuesday Nick's preschool is going to a local pumkin patch for a field trip. His family gets to go to school with him. We are very excited. Nick loves preschool and is doing very well. We are working hard to get him to learn the sounds that the letters make so that we can progress in our reading skills.
Porfirio is working double time to try and keep our heads above water. The recession has hit his business hard.
He is very anxious. We really appreciate his efforts in our behalf. I am very lucky to be able to stay at home and raise the kids--so far, knock on wood. We will miss him while he travels. He will be going to Cali next week. Hope you know we love you daddy.

1 comment:

momanddad said...

I'm glad that I'm a part of your life too. I hope that you know my bedroom is always dark but, you are welcome any time. Mom