Idaho to visit my parents and to see Kaiden get baptized.
We have not been to Idaho in a very long, long time. It was quite nice to visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Nick and Nate are both still praying that we will go visit Idaho again soon.
On Labor Day our family took the opportunity to visit Antelope Island, the largest island in the Great Salt Lake. The state keeps a herd of bison here. We have never taken the kids out here before. It was a nice enjoyable little trip. We took a small hike to enjoy the view of the Salt Lake. Later we visited the Fielding Garr ranch, an orginal settlement on the island. Nick was very curious why someone would leave all those old things there.
Nate took this picture.
Nick took this picture.
So in the meantime, we have been very busy. I am officially a soccer mom now. Nick and Nate are both playing soccer. Nick's team has had many games and practices once a week. Nate's team only has four games and doesn't practice. Thank Goodness! Nathan is not sure he wants to play and has refused to participate so far. I don't think I will waste my money next year. However, Nick is loving soccer. At his last game, he scored 2 goals. Unfortunatly I missed them as I was unable to attend because Nathan was sick.
Nick has finally mastered the art of riding a bicycle. Many of the kids in the neighborhood are able to ride a two wheeler and Nick hasn't been able to. Finally, we bought a small bike for Nathan that Nick was able to learn to balance on, and now that he has seen that he can do it and has some confidence; he is angry because I won't let him practice riding for five hours a day.
Porfirio has been on a fasting diet of sorts lately and has lost about 30 pounds. He is looking really good and feels very happy. I have been a little jealous, but this has motivated me to start moving my big butt and get the baby fat off. I am starting to work out daily and watch my diet. I am determined that I will lose the weight and be able to fit into my prebaby clothes by Christmas. However, this has added and extra hour and a half into my routine that I am having a hard time managing as it is. But I have finally made this a priority. So I have lost nearly 10 pounds in three weeks. Yeah! I will get there!
Anyhow that is what we have been up to. I hope to get picts of Nick riding his bike and soccer soon.



2 comments:
Yeah- Janae - finally got to see some new pics of the family. Really cute boys. good luck on the weight lose.
Great pics your sons took...so glad things are going well Janae.
Post a Comment